ok, we may need to work on sharing but cute, right?!
Friday, April 30, 2010
1. If you could, would you go back to high school?
No, I had a great time playing softball, dancing, etc. but for the most part everything beyond high school is so much better! I realize without Senior Prom I wouldn't have ever started dating Justin (thus gotten married) but I loved college and all of the new friends I made from there on out. I still have some friends from HS that I consider lifelong friends but for the most part the friends I have made in the past 5-7 years have been much more influential in my life. (And I like it that way!)
2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes".)
- That Maddox was always taken care of and safe/healthy/secure.
- Love to have money at my disposal for anything and everything I could need not that I just want!
Honestly, I haven't really seen any of late.... Probably will change in the coming months!
4. What is your beverage of choice?
Dr. Pepper or Margarita!
5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)?
The thing I wish I could change most is my weight. (yup typical answer!) and I am working on it. I guess when I realized I didn't want my picture taken with Maddox because I didn't like the way I looked, I knew I needed to do something.
The other thing I would change is my insecurity. I don't know where that came from but it has reared it's ugly head in the past year or 2 and I really need to work on that.... Hopefully since I have said it out loud (and to X number of people who read this) I can make a change!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
After some major confusion, (on the schools part) it is official and April will be moving to Mankato in the fall to attend MSU. She had a meeting with the Education Dept. today and got everything worked out so she will be able to attend starting in August. We are all very excited to have her in the same town now and are happy for her to be taking the next step!
Gearing up to get out and get moving!
Lisa pushing her way through the final mile
We were able to do some grilling and the kids got to play outside which was nice. The guys went to MSU's spring football game during the afternoon so the mommies took the kiddos to the park. It was nice to be outside and enjoying the surprisingly great weather!
The kids had a great time at the park!
Saturday night was pretty low key but we did hang out with Scott and Lisa and enjoyed a good meal at Busters here in town. We were all pretty worn out by the end of the day so it was a short night. It was great getting to spend time with them and I know that the kids really had a good time together. Can't wait to do it again soon!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Anyway, here are Maddox's stats:
- weighed in at 17 lbs, 4 oz (exactly 10 pounds heavier than birth!) and is in the 40th%
- 27.75 inches in the 75%
So take that Dad! Maddox is long and lean quickly moving away from his mommy's short and stocky stature.
Maddox did great during the appt. and even tried to show off his new scooting/crawling/lunging skills but apparently the carpet was not kid friendly and he refused to move. He just got up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth while looking back and grinning. Too cute! They never "perform" when asked, do they?!
Being the ever annoying camera mommy I snapped a few quick shots while we waited for the Dr. to come in. Quite the little poser if you ask me!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
April was a total rockstar and recruited another team from NIACC to come all the way to Mankato and take part in our big day!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Your new found Independence you have already given me a few minor heart attacks. So far you have face planted in to so many things I can't even count anymore!
Here are some of your latest stats:
- Wearing Size 2 diapers
- You are teetering in the 16- 17 lb range.
- Thankfully you are still a champ and sleeping through the night typically going down around 8:30pm and sleeping till I wake you up around 7:30am.
- 2-3 naps are usually what you need to get through the day with your longest in the afternoon.
- Night night time is still Mommy's favorite. You snuggle right in and have no problem falling asleep.
- What a great eater we have! You have adjusted to the life of baby food very well and there isn't much you won't eat. So far you are still not a fan of applesauce and you will make some pretty funny facial contortions!!
- You are very good about eating your vegetables : carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash (?), sweet peas (not a fan!).
- Fruits, slowly but surely we have introduced you to some yummy stuff! You love Nanas, peaches, pears, and the triple threat apples, bananas, & strawberries.
- You've moved beyond the roly poly Maddox and are scooting everywhere! You've started crawling but aren't steady on that yet.
- You are a little cheese ball now.... Giggling, laughing, and squealing are your way of communicating.
- When you get excited you make sure everyone around you knows about it!
- You're definitely not afraid of talking. You have been babbling for quite some time but now it actually seems like you are having a conversation.
- We've been working on sitting and soon enough you will be able to do it all by yourself.
- Mommy loves to sing to you and your favorite is "Mr. Maddox" which is a sure bet to get a smile on your face!
- You make the funniest (and super annoying) noise with your nose CONSTANTLY. It is a cross between you trying to clear out a stuffy nose and something else I can't pinpoint
- So far you have loved every minute we have spent outside. You love the sun, going on walks, and just sitting in the fresh air. I think you are going to be quite the outdoors man just like Daddy!
- You love to stand and JUMP!
- We've been fighting off a nasty sinus infection for about 2 months.... I feel terrible for you!
- Chew, chew, CHEW is all that you do- your hands, feet, rattles, teething rings, etc. You've had 2 little toofers that have been playing peek-a-boo for a month but still haven't come in completely.
- You've spoiled us with a "perfect baby"! You're so easy going, fun loving, playful, and content. We love you more than you will ever know!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
He has been working pretty hard on getting around and has finally gotten the hang of it. I realize it isn't a full out crawl but he is pretty close! He weird noise you hear is his new favorite thing that is ANNOYING! but I am not sure how you break bad habits with an almost 6 month old!
I did my best to keep the camera steady but this one woman filming crew isn't that great especially when chasing a moving target! Also, my child is a bit camera shy and will never do anything full out when the video camera is rolling so this is just a taste of his craziness!
He is a pretty tough little dude as he has already bonked his head a few times. Today he took a nasty fall but came out of it with a slobbery smile.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Friday morning and afternoon we spent the day decorating the Armstrong Community Center and church in preparation for Saturday. Thankfully we had quite a few helpers on hand so things went pretty smoothly.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to get the fun started. After our hair/make-up appointments the ladies headed to the church to help get the bride ready to walk down the aisle. We had all been waiting to see "the dress" that was handmade specifically for Ali.
Trent's Aunt Maria had Ali show her things she liked about certain dresses and then they came up with the design perfect for her. She got to help build her dress and it was PERFECT for her!
The front of her dress.... Look at all of the beading! All of us girls anxiously awaiting Trent's reaction to seeing Ali for the first time. It was such a sweet moment.
Now it is our turn to get ready for all the photos... Maddox was SO tired at this point of the day and he really needed a nap. I know it looks ridiculous that 4 of us are getting him ready but he WAS NOT impressed with that outfit AT ALL! I really didn't know if we would ever get him dressed let alone if he would be able to be part of the ceremony or pictures. Thankfully he cooperated and did take a few cat naps through out the afternoon.
Maddox and Justin making their entrance! Maddox was sleeping on JR's should up until April walked up the aisle. I assumed he would be passed out on his way down but he made it!
Here is a snapshot of the decor at the community center. I thought it all came together quite well in the end!
"Welcome to the family"