Sunday, January 31, 2010
His poor little nose is full of gunk and he sounds like he is snoring when he is just trying to breathe. I was a little worried about him last night because he was really struggling but we doused him with saline and plunged his nose over and over again. (gross I know!) I can now attest to the necessity of a humidifier with an infant!
Hope this passes soon, Mommy hates to see him suffering!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I have a fantastic 'team mate' in Becky, LEEP's Exec. Director. She is up for trying anything to help get the word out about LEEP. I usually end up showing her what I do personally first, and it usually doesn't take long for us to get things started for LEEP. Plus, she seems to really like some of my ideas (who wouldn't- ha ha!) which is great. I feel like we've really gained some good momentum for the future here at LEEP. We have some pretty awesome brainstorming sessions too which I love. In the non-profit world that is how you have to be if you want to "keep the lights on" as a volunteer so eloquently stated it last evening.
So, with our forward thinking ways here is our Facebook site and you can check out our LEEP Vacation Blog as well. Become a fan of LEEP's Facebook page and keep up with our latest happenings and for ways to get involved!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Most mornings Justin isn't home because he is working so we are adjusting to that as well. It kind of stinks because I am always rushing, hoping that Maddox won't wake up till I have to get him up and ready to go. I think we have a routine down now though so that has helped.
Getting back into work was pretty smooth as well. The week that Justin's Grandma Beadle passed I was supposed to start back full time. I think having those 2 days of work under my belt when I came back full force really helped my transition. I have been really busy with lots of catching up and it is volunteer season so that helps too. I am really glad that I love my job though, 'cuz trust me, if I didn't it would be very hard to leave Maddox at daycare everyday!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
He is getting a lot stronger these days and has been really been pushing off the floor, he gets ALMOST over but his silly arm gets in the way. When he is on his back he rocks up to his side and ALMOST gets turned over but still isn't quite brave enough yet.
Ok Mom, I am callin 'er good..... It's been a rough day! :)
Some of us however, weren't overly thrilled with the choice in music.
After the first stop at the VH1 Soul station we began reminiscing about our first CD purchase. Funny as it seems now but JB and I bought Boys II Men and Justin bought a Garth Brooks CD. That got me thinking, I wonder what everyone else bought as their first album? I'd love to hear what your first purchase was!
Earlier today Justin downloaded the Skol Vikings song and has been playing it rather loudly. I have to laugh because every time he plays it Maddox starts crying!!! That's my boy, he is already bleeding green and gold!!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Our provider had mentioned that he was crying a lot and that he didn't want to be put down. This is unusual for him so I wanted to do what I could to help.
So, with one of his favorite music playing, stuffed animals in hand, I dropped him off.
When I called to check on him after lunch she said she was amazed by the impact the toy had on him. He had started whimpering so she started playing the music and he quit. She couldn't believe how quickly he calmed down and even seemed to be happier after that. :)
Maybe I really am catching on to this Mommy thing!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
- Still eating 4 oz. bottles
- Size 1 diapers
- 3 month clothing (still a few stragglers in the 0-3 range)
- Sleeping through the night, (9:30ish pm-8:00 am)
- I will take a pacifier but I am not a huge fan.... I only really like it when I am tired or when I am riding in the car.
- LOVE to talk, squeal, and shriek
- Pulling Mommy's hair/necklace/shirt has become a favorite past time
- Checking myself out in a mirror has been known to entertain me for quite some time.
- I can spin myself in circles on my tummy and will be rolling over soon enough....just not quite brave enough yet.
- I am fascinated with watching Bear run back and fourth
- I find football really interesting and will just stop and stare at the TV when it is on.
- Standing in my excersaucer is still a favorite but I really enjoy the mat with hanging toys that Aunt Ali and Uncle Trent got me.
- Music is a MUST!
- I am still a really mellow/happy-go-lucky baby. My mommy says that if all babies are as easy as me I will have LOTS of brothers and sisters. ha ha! :)
- Rubber Ducky is still a good friend of mine and I love splashing all around in the tub.
- I have found my hands and think they are pretty cool. I am really learning how to use them and have figured out how to grab on to and shake rattles. I am still a work in progress but I am slowing learning how not bop myself in the head so much!
- My smiles melt my mommy and daddy's heart!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I was assured I wasn't the first (or the last) new mommy that had difficulties leaving their kids with her. I did pretty good though, I only called to check in once! Sounds like his morning was a little rough but after some brainstorming with her I hope tomorrow is better. As we both agreed, it will definitely be a learning process for all of us.
Luckily for me my day was pretty busy so I really didn't have a chance to miss my little man too much. Everyone keeps saying this gets easier, and I am sure it does, I just hate that it isn't me who gets to play with him all day long.
Monday, January 11, 2010
- Author Unknown
We lost Grandma Beadle today..... You can read more about her here but she will surely be missed by all. I know it has been a rough road for Justin's family so please keep them in your prayers. We will be laying her to rest on Thursday morning back in Swea City. Thanks to all of you who have already passed along your condolences, your love and support means a lot to everyone.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
I tried this last year and am hoping you will all join in again. Since I don't always know who is stopping by I would love to find out. If you would be so kind as to leave us a quick comment (even just your name and city is fine!) that you were here we would really appreciate it. Also, if you have your own blog or website (and don't mind sharing) please that address for us to. I would love to keep up on all of you!
Thanks for playing along! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Anyway, he began doing this again tonight and I said " No, Maddox that is naughty".
He does it again.
So I say, "No Maddox, that is NAUGHTY!"
He does it again so I decide to hold his arms down and see what happens. It seems like he is over it and that we can proceed with the getting ready for bed.
No such luck...... he tries it again so I repeat, yet again, "No! Maddox! That is NAUGHTY!". He turns, looks up, bats his longer than life eye lashes, all the while flashing his adorable grin......
I am so screwed!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Tomorrow begins my final week of maternity leave......... oh how I dread going back to work on the 11th! I know it is all part of the deal but it doesn't make it any easier. Maddox has gotten so fun these past few days/weeks and I love spending day in and day out with him. He smiles and coos so much that I want to play with him all the time. He is even starting to react a little when I read to him which has been nice!
I need to get back to work though on some levels because I find that I am definitely not as on top of things as much as I would like. So for now I will be trying to enjoy the last few days of leave and cuddle as much as I can! Wish me luck on the 11th because it is going to be a tough day!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Finding out that we were pregnant- FINALLY
- Being part of Tiffany and Dan's wedding in April
- traveling with LEEP to Washington DC and being there during Ali's birthday.
- Coaching a great group of guys in Special Olympics Softball
- Last, but certainly the most exciting/important- BECOMING PARENTS!
What a wonderful year, can't wait to see what 2010 has to offer!
Now for the resolutions part of New Years..... I want to promise that I will lose weight and all of the other "normal" things but that never really works for me SO for the 3rd year in a row I am going with-
- send birthday/anniversary/thinking of you cards
- be more focused on being on time for things
- take time to just enjoy family!
Best of luck to all of you with your resolutions!