We went to the Dr. last Friday and here is what his stats were:
31.5 inches tall- 80%
21ish lbs- 20% almost a full pound lighter than his 9 month check up! WHOOPS!
He has been SO busy of late. He doesn't sit still EVER! I miss my cuddly little man but he is learning and changing so much these days it is fun to see. The Dr. wasn't overly worried about Maddox's weight loss but I think that is because she saw how active he really is. It was a battle for her to check him out because he wanted to pull on her stethoscope, run around the exam table, bang on the trash can, climb the chairs, spin in circles, and so on. I suppose if I moved as much as he did I would lose lots of weight too!!
Now we are really to be pushing fatty foods to hopefully get him gaining a little weight. The hard part is that he isn't really content sitting to eat either. Hopefully with our new plan of attack (eating more often) he will pack on some weight. Don't worry, we are being mindful and making good food choices for him. He actually loves green beans!
Here are some milestones:
- still in size 3 diapers
- eating all table food!
- size 12 month pants/ 18 month tops/ 18 month sleepers
- size 5 shoes
- learned to climb on furniture- scary thought! Good thing is that he can get down rather well too so we aren't so worried anymore.
- RUNS everywhere, walking just isn't fast enough.
- has learned to clap and say yay!!!
- is becoming quite the ham. Loves it when people giggle with, and even at, him.
- waves bye-bye MUCH more consistently and is working on blowing kisses
- still says Ma-ma and Da-da clearly and is saying "yeah"
- is beginning to say other words but sometimes we think it is a fluke. He said "up" very clearly last night and used it in the right context. Surprised both of us.
- has taken up dancing and love, Love, LOVES to dance to the Iowa Fight Song. -TOO funny!
- very independent- which has led to some hitting that we are redirecting! I personally don't like that part of this stage!
- Loves playing with older kids. He just watches them when we are around them. He thinks he is older than he actually is and gets frustrated when we have to go. He has a cute little "girlfriend" at daycare that calls him a baby but he looks her in the eye and she is 2. They are super cute together and I am waiting to get a picture from Tracy of him, with her with their Halloween costumes on. SO adorable!
- started throwing mini tantrums. Its more of a I-don't-like-this-idea-right-now-so-I-will-just-lay-on-the-floor-and-yell-a-few-times kinda thing. Doesn't last long and typically he realizes he isn't getting anywhere with us so he gets up and goes about his business. I am thinking we may be in for it in the future.
- He and Bear play together now. They chase one another and Bear actually really likes him now.
- Maddox is going to be an outdoorsman like his daddy. He wants to be outside all the time and will stand and the door just staring, longing to be outside. He throws a fit when he knows we are going inside. We really gotta figure out a fence or something for next summer. He is too fast!